CinnamonRolls
New!  Printable Recipes
IMG7242 IMG6259
gingerbred cookies
holiday copper cookie cutters
IMG3445
IMG5
gift wrap collection
candle
IMG6032
Free Shipping with Gift Cards!
ribbon collection
IMG6775
stocking
festive tissue paper
IMG6743
linens & throws
linen tea towel
IMG6401
baking packaging
IMG7134
chocolate cinnamon rolls gift
candlecolorsphoto1
candle
tour our

Monday, March 4, 2013

Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup from Nine and Sixteen


I hate to admit it, but I don't read a lot of blogs.  Terrible, I know!  It seems like I just can't find more than a handful that I can remember to keep up with.  One that I never mess is Tessa's Nine and Sixteen.  I'll bring up her name in conversation with my husband like she is a personal friend, "Tessa posted about her son's school talent show today and it was the sweetest thing I've ever read.  Ever."  And, he knows exactly who I'm talking about.

When I started reading her blog my perspective on blogging changed.  She is real in her writing.  She shares her life in such an honest (but not tooooo open and out there) real way that has encouraged me to write in a more personal style.  Her family's lifestyle seems to be of a comfortable, but thoughtful one with home-cooked dinners, plenty of projects and special quiet moments.  She says things like, "When my boys are grown they'll probably say their mother was always in the kitchen {and her closet and car were a disaster} and she read me the best stories."  I love that.  

Tessa shared this recipe for  Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup last April.  When we were on our way back from Seaside last week to our blizzard struck home, I was thinking about this soup and knew it would be the perfect light and fresh, but warm and comforting soup I needed.  Everyone in our family loved it - even Emma.  I loved that everything was the perfect size for her.  It was not too lemony, just enough to bring a freshness to what is otherwise a chicken and vegetable soup. 

Thanks, Tessa!  Here is link to the recipe for Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup on her blog!


The soup is garnished with roasted lemon slices.  If you have never tried cooking a lemon, I highly recommend it - they seem to transform.


8 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks so much Jenny! I'm very touched by what you wrote! And feel the same about your blog, truly one of only a handful I read. I just caught up on your lovely vacation pics too. I've heard so many wonderful things about Seaside and Rosemary Beach, hopefully we get the chance to visit one day. Thank you again for such kind words! xo, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a lovely recipe- I must try it.And I will pop over to tessa's blog to see what it is all about.I have to admit, I don't read all the blogs either, but I try to do my best when I have the time and wenrgy.But at the end of the day, we are all busy people and there is only so much you can do in a day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the honesty Jenny. Makes me feel better to know that other people feel so close to their favourite bloggers too!
    {lamourcheznous.wordpress.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, two of my favorite blogs in one place! How cool is that?! I am sure Tessa is thrilled that you read and follow her blog and that you have featured one of her recipes here.
    Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had soup very similar to this at Panera, and it was so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny - I'm a fan of Tessa's blog, too and have been eyeing this recipe of hers for a while now! Our house is mid-renovation right now, but this one will be at the top of the list once our kitchen is up and running, again! -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny- I feel the same way about both of your blogs! My sister introduced me to yours and Tessa's and it's funny how two strangers can have such a part in my own kitchen (and not even know it!). I've had orzo on my shelf for a few weeks now for this recipe and can't wait to try it. Your soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saved this to my recipe file, my husband is always asking for soup- I'm sure this will be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete

m38
The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
reindeer cookies
m37
IMG4146
m60
breakfast
m65
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
IMG6817
IMG6270
IMG4235
IMG6330
IMG6952
ribbon
IMG6
CinnamonRolls m36 m11 IMG4080 everyday
Subscribe