CinnamonRolls
New!  Printable Recipes
IMG7242 IMG6259
gingerbred cookies
holiday copper cookie cutters
IMG3445
IMG5
gift wrap collection
candle
IMG6032
Free Shipping with Gift Cards!
ribbon collection
IMG6775
stocking
festive tissue paper
IMG6743
linens & throws
linen tea towel
IMG6401
baking packaging
IMG7134
chocolate cinnamon rolls gift
candlecolorsphoto1
candle
tour our

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bacon Braised Green Beans


Mike loves green beans.  Knowing this, I've attempted to make him several of my favorite versions - sauteed with shallots, sauteed with garlic, lemon zest and parmesan, and sauteed with pancetta.  All of these recipes were met with so-so reviews.  No matter what I paired them with, he just doesn't like sauteed-and-still-crunchy green beans.  He likes good old fashioned green beans that are cooked for a long time with onions, bacon and salt.   It turns out - so do I.  My Granny was famous for green beans just like these - they were cooked all day on the stovetop.  I made my own version of these to go along with our "Relaxing Sunday" dinner.  I couldn't bring myself to cook all of the color out, but I did make sure they were nice and soft (even granting Mike a test), versus crunchy.  They might be everyone's new favorite.


Bacon Braised 
Green Beans

New! Printable Recipes, here.

1 pound of green beans
4 pieces of bacon, diced
1/2 cup of onion, diced
1 cup of chicken stock
sea salt & cracked pepper

In a saute pan that has a fitted lid, cook the bacon on medium until the fat has rendered.  Add the onion and cook until soft.  Add the green beans, chicken stock, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.  Cook on medium for 10 minutes, then cover and cook for 30 minutes on a low simmer.  Season with more salt, if necessary.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to try this recipe. Sounds like my kind of green beans too since I'm not crazy about the crunchy kind or the ones that are cooked all day. Did you use fresh green beans? Do you think the whole frozen kind will work if fresh aren't available? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

m38
The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
reindeer cookies
m37
IMG4146
m60
breakfast
m65
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
IMG6817
IMG6270
IMG4235
IMG6330
IMG6952
ribbon
IMG6
CinnamonRolls m36 m11 IMG4080 everyday
Subscribe