IMG8 IMG5
linen tea towels & Napkins Petite tart
BRAISED BEEF
chili1 IMG6
butternut & beef chili wood candle holders
m30
appetizers spiced apple
IMG7 chdonuts2
herringbone homemade donuts
butternutrav1
butternut packaging
chocolatecake1
summer entertaining
jute & cotton
IMG9
everyday
IMG10
candle
tour our

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Braised Red Cabbage with Goat Cheese


Houston's is one of my favorite restaurants.  Yes, it is a chain, but they do what they do really well and many of my favorite recipes are derived from some of their menu items.  We went to dinner there on Saturday night and I had one of the best restaurant meals I've had in a long time.  It was this very meal that inspired our Sunday night menu - Pork Chops, Applesauce & Braised Red Cabbage.  The sweet applesauce, served alongside the vinegary cabbage is unbelievable... especially when topped with creamy goat cheese.  This will be a new favorite of ours this Fall and Winter.

Braised Red Cabbage
with goat cheese

1 head of red cabbage, shredded
3 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of white wine vinegar
1/2 cup of water
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
sea salt, if needed
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
4 ounces of goat cheese

In a dutch oven, melt butter, then add cabbage, vinegar, water and brown sugar.  Cover and put in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.

Serve warm topped with crumbled goat cheese.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the recipes so quickly! This is going to be Sunday dinner at my house this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds so comforting. Maybe it can convince the other 4 people in my family that cabbage isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That cabbage is my favorite recipe from Houstons! I get it when they have it every time I go there. I have tried making a version myself but never came close. Going to try yours out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

m38

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my everyday candles
m39
"homemade"
IMG11
IMG12
m41
breakfast
m43
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
cinrolls1
apple & cranberry crisp
cranapplecrisp1
IMG13
IMG14
beefstew1
IMG15
m36 m11 IMG3619 everyday
Subscribe